The Rotary Club of Abaco held its annual changeover dinner On June 29 at the Abaco Beach Resort. Apart from the ordinary agenda of the weekly meeting, this evening held special awards, year-in-reviews and remarks from several guests. It was a fun evening as the club marked the end of one year and beginning of its next.
The Club took time that evening to pin its new Board of Directors: President Charles Carey, Secretary Dwayne Wallas, Treasurer Debbie Curry, Valerie Dean, Derrick Bailey, William Albury, Reg Patterson, Steve Davis, Bradley Albury and Gentry Morris.
Assistant District Governor Karen Pinder brought remarks to the Club and its guests, especially noting that the District’s annual training seminar was being held in the Bahamas this year.
During Past President Steve Davis’ address and year-in-review he noted many of the Rotary Club of Abaco’s achievements during the Rotary Year.
These achievements included:
- Donating to the Green Turtle Cay Fire Department
- Donating to the Bahamas Primary School Student of the Year Foundation
- Reading to Six Different Abaco Schools on World Literacy Day
- Distributing Books
- Coastal Cleanups
- Assisting with the 242 Colour Run
- Distributing Food Parcels during Christmas and the New Year
- Hosting a Senior’s Dinner
- Hosting a School Speech Competition
- Holding a High School Career Day
- Distributing Wheelchairs
The Club’s 2015/2016 Theme is “Give; Love!”